Frogdice’s upcoming MMO RPG Stash: No Loot Left Behind is succesfully funded and will come to PS4 after the game has been released on PC, Mac and Linux.
Stash: No Loot Left Behind is a multiplayer online RPG with turn based, tactical grid based combat, an incredible housing system, an engaging story shaped by its players, and much more. It takes place in the high fantasy world of Primordiax: the game world of all Frogdice games. Stash is the graphical successor to Threshold RPG: our text based, role play required game still in operation after 18+ years (since 1996).
Stash is inspired by games like Dungeons and Dragons tabletop gaming, Warhammer miniature gaming, the “Gold Box” AD&D video games, Baldur’s Gate, Planescape: Torment, Temple of Elemental Evil, Bard’s Tale, and a variety of other turn based RPGs we have played over the years. Frogdice combined that with two decades of experience developing video game combat systems and the result is a combat system that is approachable yet deep. The more you play, the more layers you will uncover.
You will strategically make use of class abilities, items, buffs, debuffs, crowd control, healing, movement, misdirection, taunts, traps, the environment, and more to maximize combat effectiveness.
Stash’s core features include:
– Turn based combat on a tactical grid.
– Housing: Stash your treasures in your personal Base of Operations, which you can build and upgrade from bedroll to fortress.
– Crafting: Use, sell, or enter items into competitions.
– Massive character customization via class, race, build, gear, cosmetics, costumes, pets, mounts, and more.
– Cool world story with a unique twist. Players affect the world and the story.
– Hand crafted as well as procedurally generated/random dungeons.
– Huge world with hundreds of unique locations, tons of monsters, and epic amounts of loot.
– Clans: form with friends and compete for dominance as well as optional solo or group PvP.
At launch, your character can be one of the following races:
– Human: Known for their versatility and adaptability, they populate all the regions of the world. Humans come in all shapes, colors, and forms.
– Dryad: A mysterious race of women, dryads hail from the ancient forests of the world. They carry the beauty of nature with them wherever they roam.
– Trulloc: With their stone-like skin, trullocs call the mountains and deepest regions of the world home. The texture of their skin reflects the variety of the earth.
– Lukoi: Much like their canine cousins, the lukoi exihibit a wide variety of appearances. They fight with determination, fierceness, loyalty and unbridled joy.
– Catfolk: Sleek and powerful, catfolk prowl the land seeking mystery and adventure. Their feline appearances span a range of color.
At launch, Stash will have the following primary classes:
– Warrior: Masters of arms and armor, these juggernauts of melee wade into battle without fear or hesitation. They control the flow of battle by taunting enemies, protecting allies, and sundering foes. Primary role: Tank + Damage.
– Healer: Adept at manipulating the energies of life, healers mend and buff their allies while mesmerizing and confusing their opponents. Primary role: Heal + Buff + Crowd Control.
– Elementalist: These magi manipulate the basic elements of the world in mystical and magical ways. Earth, air, fire, and water all answer to their call. Primary role: Damage + Crowd Control.
– Hunter: Agility, quick wits, and terrifying precision are the hallmarks of the hunter. In addition to their potent attacks, they have a diverse set of utility skills and the ability to confound and debuff their enemies. Primary role: Damage + Utility + Debuff.
Frogdice plan to add more classes post-launch and have some of their own ideas (Bard, Alchemist, Paladin, Necromancer, Psion) and will listen to the community as well.
Check out the early development trailer:
Follow me on twitter @Gamathusiast