Developed by Microïds and Artefacts Studio under the supervision of original creator, Paul Cuisset, Moto Racer 4 revives the winning formula that made the trilogy so successful, offering 2 playing modes – Asphalt and Dirt. In a world where freestyle and risk-taking dominate, players can choose to ride motocross or high-speed racing bikes and choose from a variety of characters with different personalities.
Today, with the PlayStation VR, players can now completely immerse themselves in 2 modes: Time attack and Hot Lap. In order to offer them more and more sensations, Microïds and Artefact Studios will progressively and freely make all game modes and races, already available in Moto Racer 4, compatible in VR.
We got some hands on experience with this arcade racer last month over at PQube HQ, and we can tell you it was a blast! Moto Racer 4 will have you doing wheelies in oncoming traffic at frankly irresponsible speeds!
Today the racer gets a brand new launch trailer, check it out to see what to expect.
• KING OF THE HILL: Each rider starts with the same time on the clock. While time runs down for the leader, the other racers get extra turbo. The first player to get their counter down to zero wins the race.
• LAST MAN STANDING: The last player to pass each checkpoint is eliminated.
• SURVIVAL: The race starts with very little time on the clock. Players gain time by passing the checkpoints. In single-player mode, the aim is to survive for a specific length of time. In multi-player mode, the winner is the last player with time left on their clock.
• CATCH-UP: The player’s opponents begin the race with a head start and the player must be in first place at a specific time.
• WOLF PACK: The player begins the race with a head start and must maintain it for a certain length of time without being overtaken.
• GHOST BIKE: The player starts the race in last place and is not allowed to deviate from the road or collide with others. S/he must finish in a specified minimum place.
• GOLDEN HELMET: Competitors must earn the one golden helmet up for grabs during the race. To do this, they must be first past the initial checkpoint. If the player wearing the golden helmet is knocked by another player, s/he surrenders it to that player. If a player falls off their bike, s/he loses the helmet and it is automatically sent to the next checkpoint.
Moto Racer 4 is out today on PSVR and PS4.