Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom is coming November 6th to Switch, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
What to expect
Enjoy a colorful action-adventure game made alongside Ryuichi Nishizawa, creator of the original Wonder Boy in Monster World series.
Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom borrows the best from the classic series to deliver a fresh, modern adventure with fun gameplay, memorable music and gorgeous hand drawn animations.
Can Jin save Monster World Kingdom? Help our young hero defeat challenging enemies, discover hidden locations, upgrade powerful equipment, and more! You’ll also unlock special forms with unique skills used to open new paths where mighty bosses and
secret treasures await.
* Six awesome forms with unique combat and platforming abilities to make your
adventure exciting from start to finish.
* Unlock new paths and secrets with special equipment: look for magic weapons and items that gradually open up the world.
* Over 15 hours of epic adventure: explore the new Monster World in a vast interconnected environment.
* Hand Drawn animations: characters and enemies come to life with detailed
animations and fun facial expressions.
* Soundtrack from iconic Japanese composers: Yuzo Koshiro, MotoiSakuraba, Michiru Yamane, Keiki Kobayashi and Takeshi Yanagawa.
* Full HD graphics at 60 fps: the game supports 1080p/60fps in TV mode and
720p/60fps in Nintendo Switch handheld mode.
* HD rumble support: feel the action with high performance HD rumble support.
You can check out the trailer HERE.
We think it’s looking rather good! We’ll bring you more news on Monster Boy and the Cursed Kingdom as soon as we get it!
You can check out the playable Nintendo Switch demo hands on at Gamescom at the Nintendo Booth in Hall 9.1.