Independent developer Aurélien Regard and indie publisher Playdius have released a new action gameplay trailer for their anticipated new release, Away: Journey to the Unexpected, which is coming to PS4 and Nintendo Switch early next year. Away: Journey to the Unexpected is a colourful first person adventure game that combines action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements. Check it out below.
Away: Journey to the Unexpected is a feel-good first person adventure game that combines action, negotiation and rogue-lite elements, all rendered beautifully in a distinctive anime-inspired style. In Away, you’re not a fighter or a hero, but you are great at making kick-ass friends! Many of the colourful characters you meet in game, from robotic cowboy bounty hunters to bizarre space oddities, can be recruited to fight alongside you – it’s up to you to convince them to join the team! Away is the creation of renowned French developer Aurélien Regard, working alongside Rayman level designer Jean-Matthieu Gennisson.
· Colourful and unique visuals created by renowned artist and developer Aurélien Regard (The Next Penelope)
· A refreshing, light-hearted story packed full of adventure and humour
· A first person adventure with fast-paced combat and rogue-lite elements
· A vast cast of quirky characters to meet, convince and recruit to fight for you
· Underpinned by an anime-inspired soundtrack
A feel-good first person adventure game, idiotic workmen, mystery from outer space, oddball friends and fast combat await… definitely one to keep on your gaming radar for next year!
More news as we get it.