I loved playing games on NES and had a blast playing games like Mario, Zelda and Pokemon with those awesome sound effects and graphics. Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King by Castle Pixel will revive this feeling with the perfect mix of old school game nostalgia and modern day technology.
Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King could pollinate your Vita soon, as the developer wants to bring the game to our favourite handheld!
What’s the story:
A delightful mix of “Zelda” and “Princess Bride”, Blossom Tales’ narrative will unfold in the form of a fable being passed down from grandfather to granddaughter. Unable to resist her adorable plea, the old storyteller weaves a tale where a heroic warrior named Lily finally becomes one of the esteemed Knights of the Rose. However, that same day the evil wizard Crocus places the King into an everlasting sleep with one of his dreaded spells, forcing Lily to go on a grand quest in search of a remedy.
Of course, the spirited listener can’t resist occasionally chiming in with her own ideas that almost always affect the story and gameplay. This will result in a unique storytelling experience as enemies and allies show up out of nowhere, quests take a radical turn, and even dungeons change — all due to a spontaneous suggestion or two from the granddaughter.
– An Unforgettable World: Fierce snow beasts, creepy undead monsters, and cackling witches are a few of the many remarkable characters and menacing foes you’ll meet as you explore abandoned grottos, enchanted forests, and dragon-infested caverns.
– An Unpredictable Story: Although the tale is being told by Grandpa, you can expect his lively granddaughter to occasionally chime in and affect the game. For instance, a quiet trip through a cemetery can quickly change if little Lily decides that an army of undead should rise and attack!
– Classic ARPG Gameplay: Zelda being the most obvious inspiration, Blossom Tales offers a fun, familiar experience via an arsenal of unique spells and weapons, dungeons with combat and puzzle challenges, and a rich interconnected world.
– A One-of-a-Kind Adventure: Blossom Tales will do more than fill you with nostalgia as you enjoy a fresh mix of fun gameplay elements. For example, the handy target-lock system will prove useful to adventurers as they explore dungeons with both randomly-generated areas and pre-designed layouts, resulting in an adventures that feels unlike any other.
– Easy To Learn, Fun To Master: Accessible enough for any gamer while also providing enough depth for those seeking a challenge. Whether you grew up with the classics or this is your first ARPG, you’ll be captivated by the engaging gameplay, charming characters, and hard-won rewards.
– Primary weapon: Classic Sword and Shield combo to hack away foes and block oncoming dangers.
– Secondary tools: Several weapons and items to discover during your travels, such as a Bow n Arrow, torch, and magical wand.
– Target-Lock: Keep an eye on an enemy by using the targeting system. Very handy when combined with ranged weapons.
– Special Abilities: Elemental attacks, sword and shield charge attacks, dash and spinning sword attacks, and more.
– Puzzles and Dungeons: Solve clever challenges by pushing/pulling blocks and bouncing on surfaces as you traverse enemy-infested dungeons– some of them randomly-generated.
We are very excited to see this game on the Vita and start reliving old memories in a new game and feel awesome again!
Follow me on twitter @Gamethusiast